Printing

In printmaking I have produced several outcomes most of all are small studies from which I have experimented with different techniques such as Collagraphs, Silk Screen, Mono Printing, Linoleum, Etching, Engraving, Relief Printmaking, Stencil and Lithography. In order for me to produce a range of ideas to create art I have had to accumulate a vast amount of materials and research. the aim of the print project was to discover and invent print from within my everyday life and from my work in the printing studio by means of accumulate and/or dispersal. I have considered how these two notions act together, in order for me to disperse them in an entirely unique way. I think that I have came up with a unique way in order for me to make a good body of work I have focused primarily on my individual explorations and inventing my own ways of printing that are relevant and exciting to me. I have realised that throughout this project by just using one single colour to produce my work isn't enough therefore I have used a wide range of colours not just ink but acrylic paint too I have also demonstrated this as part of my final pieces. fortunately print is a medium that lends itself to the building of layers which was important to my work in the final parts as with bones I was considering on the form, shape and shadows each one produces that is unique to itself and the range of manipulation is just right for my techniques I have done throughout my body of work.

what you see below is the work I have considered to be the best of the basic qualities I have done at the beginning of the year and at the bottom of the page is the start of the final pieces including the lino cuttings I have added as evidence to my working efforts.

















In my Print Project I have tried  multiple techniques which have helped me to produce my outcomes. My theme was based on the environment, 3 weeks into the project I felt that I wasn't getting any further so I changed to the body and with this new theme I begun to select the main body components and produce them through techniques like Lino, Mono Printing etc. my weak point through this project was getting the dispersion correct therefore I used lemon zest and ink rolled on paper. This helped me with the dispersion by creating flat but textured backgrounds. I have researched into several artists such as Da Vinci and Basquiat. With most of the A3 outcomes I have used paint on the objects to blend in and to create dispersion, I have also enjoyed this project and I will produce more work similar to this in the near future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment